Monday 13 October 2008

Help needed. Enquire within.

This year has had a significant impact on my mental state. I am constantly looking for challenges, and regretting missing them. On there tube adverts Multibionta are imploring the public to take their challenge. Every time I see it I think ‘Ok, I will’. If Pepsi were still setting up stalls in town centres I’d be throwing even more money at my dentist than I already have done this year and if a struggling TV presenter turned up at my door with a box of Daz then my whites would have taken on a radioactive glow. Or at least, that would happen if I didn’t recognise these all to be marketing ploys.

But it is frustrating when I miss out on genuine challenges.

Just yesterday I missed the
World Porridge Making Championship and the World Conker Championship because I found out about them too late. I have missed tower running (although Austria is being considered) and I have missed Wacky Races style driving challenges. I realise I can’t do everything but the year is running out and I have a few spare weekends. In fact the only definite one at the moment is a marathon. I hope to confirm a few more soon (subscribe to find out if they happen).

So I need help – suggest a challenge, the requirements are simple, cerebral, physical it doesn’t matter it just needs to be something that you can’t just turn up and do. A bit of planning or training is required to achieve a definite end – and there does need a definite end. I’ll consider but not necessarily do everything. As examples, a few I have been trying to set up, without success, are:

1. a world record attempt - I’ll consider pretty much anything but oldest or youngest whatever will be a bit tricky.

2. a quiz show appearance. I have been trying to get on some without success but don’t really watch them so don’t know what is around at the moment. Can anyone suggest a good one? I realise it might be too late for filming this year but you never know.

3. a speaking line on a television show/film preferably with swearing – because that would be big and clever.

Send me an email, leave a comment. Help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment