Tuesday 16 December 2008

The Money Shot

What do (approximately) 4,000 people attempt, 1,400 achieve and 100 die doing each year?

What do I have in common with Gary Barlow, Ronan Keating, Alesha Dixon, Chris Moyles and a few other "celebs" that I can't be bothered to remember?

What was the main character doing that led to his death in a short story by Earnest Hemingway that I read years ago and made this an ambition of mine?

What challenge is going to see the culmination of this year?

Answer to all 4: Climbing Kilimanjaro (in the case of the celebs put "planning on" before the answer, otherwise it just doesn't make sense).

If all goes well I will be standing on the roof of Africa on my 31st birthday, if it doesn't I will have spent a lot of money on a wasted trip. And possibly be dead. And, even worse, face the rest of my life knowing that Chris Moyles (potentially) has achieved something I couldn't. I'm thinking bear traps might be the answer. Even if I don't get Moyles I might manage to take out enough people to stop a couple of reality shows next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment