Friday 2 May 2008

Pick A Card

At last I have something I can whip out of my trousers at social functions without getting arrested. Again.

Yes Lady (and on a good day Gentleman), it is with great smugness that I hereby unveil the latest addition to the 30th Year Challenges fund raising kit stable. It is the solution to the problem of me not being able to remember the blog website address when somebody is feigning an interest in the 30th Year Challenges. It is a lightweight yet sturdy pocket sized flier that has the blog address and my email printed on it. It can be easily transported, given away without expectation of return and the recipient can carry it unhindered as a reminder to have a look on the blog. I call it the “business card”.



I had very strict design criteria for the card. It consisted of some wording and the instruction “no need for anything too complicated and it would be nice if it had a similar colour scheme to the blog”. Fortunately for me this was said to Sharon at the quite brilliant graphic designers Howdy. Clearly they require very little information to understand their customers, because they came back with the perfect design. Simple with a modern, understated elegance – just like me. Check out their website at http://www.howdy-pardners.com/, not only is it entertaining in its own right but the quality of work they do for such a variety of companies and campaigns demonstrates just want fantastic people they are to have taken time to create something so professional and striking, but in reality unrewarding for them,. I cannot thank them, and particularly Sharon, enough.

In fact their generosity (and that of the others who I have mentioned in previous posts as having gone further than I have any right to expect to actually make this year potentially work) has caused me to add another new list to the left hand side of the blog - the Wall of Gratitude. Everyone on it has reached the nominally judged DG30YC mark of quality – and you can bank on a guarantee like that. I'll leave you to work out which bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment